JEST 2020 Application Form – Apply Here for JEST, Eligibility, Fees. JEST 2020 Application Form Last Date is 22nd December 2019. JEST exam is a national level examination conducted to offer admission to Ph.D and Integrated Ph.D courses in Physics, Theoretical Computer Science, Neuroscience or Computational Biology. JEST is recognized as a National Eligibility Test (NET) by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). JEST exam is also referred as Joint Entrance Screening Test. Candidates can get the admission in various institutions through the JEST score card. Candidates can check details about JEST Application form 2020.
Content in this Article
JEST 2020 Application Form
Details about JEST application form 2020 are mentioned below:
- The application form can be filled through online mode only.
- JEST Registration 2020 has been started from 17th November 2019.
- The last date to submit the application form will be 22nd December 2019.
- Candidates should fill the application form as per the instructions given in the prospectus.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned image of the signature and the photograph in the JPEG format.
- After successful submission of the JEST application form, candidates will receive an E-mail of the acceptance of the application form.
The application fee can be deposited through online payment gateway (Debit card/Credit card and Net-banking). Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for SC/ST candidates).
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria of JEST 2020 exam in given below table:
|Courses||Eligibility Criteria (Qualifying Exam)
|Ph. D (Physics) Programme||Candidates must have qualified M.Sc. in Physics. Some of the institutions also accept B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc./ M.E./ M.Tech in Applied Physics and Mathematics.|
|Ph. D in Theoretical Computer Science atIMSc||M.Sc./ M.E./ M.Tech in Computer Science and related streams.|
|Ph. D in Neuroscience atNBRC||M.Sc (Physics/Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ MCA in Computer Science|
|Ph. D in Computational Biology at IMSc||M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech./MCA in any engineering or science with some mathematical skills and strong knowledge in biological problems.|
|Integrated M.Sc./ M.Tech – Ph. D Programme (Physics)||B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics).
At NISER, B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering (Physics), with a minimum of 1st class marks.
For admission to IIA, the qualification required is B.Sc. (Physics/Mathematics) /B.E./B.Tech in Electrical/ Instrumentation/Engineering Physics/Electronics and Communications/ Computer Science & Engineering/Optics and Photonics will also be considered.
B.Sc. (Physics) will be considered for admission at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS.
|Integrated Ph. D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science atIMSc||B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines|
|Integrated M.Tech – Ph. D Programme atIIA||M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics)/Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics/Radio Physics & Electronics|
|Integrated Ph. D Programme at IISER IISER. Thiruvananthapuram||B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech. in any discipline|
JEST 2020 Application Dates
The Official application dates for JEST 2020 examination are given below.
|Starting date of online application form||17th November 2019|
|Closing date for submission of the application form||22nd December 2019 (Extended)|
|Date of exam||18th February 2020|
How to Apply for JEST
Candidates can apply according to the steps given below:
- Candidates have to visit the official link (link is given above).
- Candidates are required to register themselves with a valid E-mail ID.
- Login on the website with your user name (Registered E-mail ID) and password.
- Now, fill all the necessary details in the application carefully.
- Upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee using online mode.
- Take a printout of the application form for further use.