Many people consider the office their second home. It is where most of their time is spent. If you work in one location for a long period of time the employees accumulate an incredible amount of stuff. This can include not only documents, but also office equipment, office supplies, personal belongings, souvenirs, and other small things. If the company plans to relocate a significant amount of items, they need to be organized effectively, efficiently, and quickly as possible.
It’s not enough to simply move things from one place to another. It should also be possible to quickly take everything out of the bag, put the items in their proper places, and immediately continue work as usual. It’s not often that office relocation is done by employees without professional assistance. Simply contacting a moving company is not enough. It is important to approach the office relocation task with as much competence and integrity as is possible.
If you are planning to move into an office, you have to think about a variety of details, beginning with the option of moving the business and ending with creating a comfortable environment for employees for the first day of work at the new location.
Improperly organized office shifting could cause financial loss and have a negative effect on employees and customers. There is also the possibility of losing or damaging important documents, business records, personnel, and accounting information. It is possible by entrusting the organization of moving to an experienced transportation company.
The Steps to Organization and the preparation
It is easier to divide the job into phases in the event of an office relocation:
- Make a sketchy diagram of the space. Consider all furniture, workplaces, and equipment. Then, you must determine the exact location of the things that will be moved to the new office. Analyze the capacity of the office to accommodate the items to be relocated.
- The quantity of transportation is important to understand in order to choose the right type of transport, its capacity, and dimensions. Moving to another office for a short distance within the same space and the city can be organized on a compact vehicle, making 2 trips. If the volume of things is large, you need more than four trips.
- Moving office furniture with large dimensions and weights – a team of office movers will be required. The number of people depends on the estimated amount of work. The team will undertake the removal of furniture and equipment properly loaded, secure inside the car’s cabin, taking off. They can disassemble large items however they’ll need to provide their own container.
- Moving furniture to a new place shouldn’t be accomplished without disassembling it. It is recommended to remove doors and shelves before moving the business. Structures that have an extended smooth surface can be placed vertically and secured securely. This ensures that they won’t crack, break, chip, or crack in the course of. Furniture that is not assembled is more difficult to move and poses a greater risk of property damage. Remove fittings, glass components, and shelves prior to. Fix the doors to the body with tape.
- Select the appropriate packaging material. It should protect valuable office equipment, paper, and other paper items from dust, dirt heat exposure, moisture, and temperature extremes, especially if you are moving far away. Corrugated and stretch film sheets work well for surfaces that are smooth. Office chairs, chairs can be placed on top of each other (one to one) or in pairs, and then wrapped tightly in film.
- Labeling boxes and packages labeling packages and boxes – write the names that will match the office and the location you wish to put the items. Knowing the office moving plan will make it easier for commercial moving firms. The process of assembly will run faster and the movers won’t have to search for individual elements.
Office Moving Tips
Select the best date
The most successful time for office relocation – is weekends and in the evening during the day. You can schedule your office move for Saturday or Sunday so that you don’t interrupt the normal working hours of your business.
Rely on the experts
Office moving, with its own set of more specific than the participation of a professional company for moving. Only experts will be in a position to relocate your office with no loss of time, money, and even your mental health.
Set up your office in a new layout
In order not to have to rearrange the office furniture multiple times, create plans for the placement of furniture and workspaces within the new office in advance and then agree with your colleagues. This will allow you to plan the work process beginning the day of the move.
Inform your friends
Be sure to inform your customers, partners, and support services a few days in advance of the relocation. Send them your new address and number.
Prepare your equipment
Remove office equipment from electricity and computers at the time of the relocation. Be sure there aren’t any shipping restrictions in the user’s manual. Use the original packaging of office equipment that you have to relocate.
Move valuables yourself
It is also possible to keep important documents and other valuable objects secure by insuring yourself. This will ensure that they are not lost in the office items. Only a commercial moving service can ensure your office belongings for safe transportation. It is impossible to predict the future and there are always unpleasant surprises during a relocation. Insurance for the property that is being transported will, in this instance, will shield you from problems and costly expenses.
Look at the packaging
You should ensure that the packing materials used by your commercial moving company are of good quality. If you are packing your own items, take care to have enough reliable packing materials. When packing, don’t forget to mark the boxes.