Karnataka PGCET 2019: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates. Karnataka PGCET 2019 will be conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). It is a state level entrance examination. Karnataka PGCET is referred to as Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test. This exam is organized for admission into 1st year full time/part time MBA/MCA/M.Arch/M.Tech/ME, part time M.Tech (QIP) & 2nd year of MCA programme. These courses are provided by the private/government/private un-aided colleges located in Karnataka. In this article, we are providing detailed information about Karnataka PGCET 2019.
Content in this Article
Karnataka PGCET Exam Date
Below, we have mentioned the tentative dates of the Karnataka PGCET 2019:
|Application Form Availability Date||1st week of July 2019|
|Last Date for Form Filling||Last week of July 2019|
|Admit Card Releasing Date||In the month of August 2019|
|Date of Exam||1st week of August 2019|
|Result Declaration Date||3rd week of August 2019|
|Counselling Start Date||1st week of September 2019|
Karnataka PGCET Application Form 2019
Candidates have to follow the given below procedure to fill the Karnataka PGCET 2019 application form:
- Candidates will be able to fill the Karnataka PGCET online application through online mode only.
- No other mode will be applicable to fill the application.
- The application form will be issued from the 1st week of July 2019 till Last week of July 2019.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must read the instruction carefully.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned photograph, signature & Left Hand Thumb Impression (in JPEG format).
- Candidates must enter their correct mobile numbers and E-mail address for future correspondence.
- Take at least three printouts of the filled application, proof of fee paid & 2-3 Photographs that scanned & uploaded in the application for further reference.
- Candidates can pay the application fee only through offline mode (Bank Challan).
- Candidates can make payment from any of the branch of specified banks.
- The application fee is Rs. 650 (General & OBC category) & Rs. 500 (SC/ST Category).
Before applying for the exam, candidates first check the eligibility criteria & then fill the application:
- Residential: Candidate must belongs to Karnataka state & have a domicile certificate of Karnataka.
- Candidates, those are not belong to Karnataka state are eligible for admission into MBA/MCA seats.
- Candidates have a valid GATE score card are not eligible to appear Karnataka PGCET exam, but they can fill the application form.
For MBA (Full Time/Part Time)
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must pass 3 years Bachelor Degree or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have secure aggregate minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates).
- Qualification Exam: Candidates have to pass under graduate or equivalent examination.
- Subjects: Candidates have to clear qualifying exam with Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Application, Computer Programming, Business Mathematics and Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure aggregate at least 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates).
For MCA (Lateral Entry)
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to qualify bachelor degree in BCA, B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) from a reconized university.
- Subjects: Candidates have to pass qualifying examination with Mathematics at 10+2 or graduate level.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to obtain an aggregate minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates).
For ME/M.Tech/M.Arch (Full Time/Part Time)
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to clear qualifying or equivalent examination from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure an aggregate minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates.
- Candidates have a valid GATE Score Card.
Note: SC/ST/Category-I/OBC eligibility criteria are applicable to Karnataka Candidates only.
Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern
The question paper will be in different versions. The Exam pattern is given here:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held through offline mode (Pen-Paper Based).
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English language only.
- Type of Question: The question will be of (Objective) Multiple Choice type.
- Number of Questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in the examination for each course.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 2½ hours.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given to the candidate for correct answer in MBA exam. In MCA & ME/M.Tech/M.Arch, for PART I one mark & for PART II two marks will be allotted for correct response.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking.
|Courses||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
Karnataka PGCET Syllabus
The syllabus is different for all courses.
Proficiency in English Language, General Knowledge, Test of Reasoning and General Intelligence and Quantitative analysis.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Co-ordinate Geometry, Vector, Trigonometry and Probability & Statistics.
- Computer Awareness: Computer Basics, Data Representation.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
- General English
- Time play a very important role in the exam preparation. Students have to manage their time well.
- Prepare a study plan for each day to given equal amount of time for each subject.
- Go through the previous years question paper & familiarize yourself with nature of questions.
- Solve online tests to know the exact procedures.
- Start early to cover all the chapters & subjects & give sufficient time for practice.
- Choose good study material & books for exam preparation.
Karnataka PGCET Hall Ticket 2019
- Candidates will avail the admit card through online mode from our website or KEA website.
- Karnataka PGCET Admit card will be announced in the month of August 2019.
- The admit card will contain candidate & exam details such as name of the candidate, exam center address, date & time of exam, category, gender, etc.
- Candidates must preserve their admit card till the admission process not over.
Karnataka PGCET Result 2019
- Karnataka PGCT 2019 result will be declared in the 3rd week of August 2019.
- Candidates can view their results through online mode from our website.
- On the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the exam, the merit list will be prepared.
- A separate merit list will be prepared for all the offered courses.
- Candidates will be called for the counselling process on the basis of the merit list.
Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2019
- After the publication of the merit list, the counselling process will be started in the 1st week of September 2019.
- Candidates have to attend the Karnataka PGCET counselling in person (itself) for the seat allotment.
- Candidates have to choose the college and stream on the day of counselling.
- The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of the marks secured in the examination.
- Candidate’s documents will be verified at the time of counselling.
Documents required at the time Counselling
- SSLC or 10th standard or equivalent examination Mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard or qualifying examination Mark Sheet
- Study Certificate
- Passing Degree Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Valid Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate (If candidate claiming to Caste reservation)
- Domicile Certificate
- Physically Disabled Certificate (if Applicable)