Reduction for School Charges Paid u/s 80 c. Area 80 C of earnings tax act enables deduction in regard of lots of payments and financial investments made. Area 80 C permits deduction for payment of Education Costs paid for the Education of Kid. Any individual who has paid Education Costs of his Kid is permitted to declare this deduction under Area 80 C. Recently we provide Complete information for Do NRIs require to file Return of earnings in India?.
If you like this short article then please like us on Facebook so that you can get our updates in future … … and subscribe to our mailing list” easily “
Content in this Short Article.
Deduction for School Charges Paid u/s 80 c
( 1) It’s available to people only
( 2) All other individuals other than individuals are ineligible for this deduction.
under this area reduction is offered for tuition costs paid on two kids education. If Assessee has more then 2 kids then he can claim tuition fees paid of just 2 children.
Offered to each parent:
This deduction is readily available to both, father and mother of the children for whose education the payment is made. Both of them can claim deduction under this head.
Charges paid in regard of following only will be allowed as reduction:
- Play school costs
- pre nursery charges
- Nursery class and higher classes charges
- University, college or other university fees.
Payments made in respect of following are not eligible for deduction u/s 80 C:
- Any Part-time courses
- Charges for Training classes or personal tuitions
- Charges for Range courses
- Donation to an educational institution for getting any admission etc
- Hostel fees of the kids.
- Any quantity paid in regard of charge for delay in paying the routine costs.
- Payment made in regard of self education/ for spouse is not qualified for deduction.
This is not a stressful list.
This reduction towards payment for tuition/education of children is qualified on payment basis. Irrespective of the scholastic year for which you have paid the costs, deduction is allowed on payment basis just.
Reduction for the payments made in the form of tuition costs goes through overall limit of 1.5 lakhs.
Some other points to be known:
( 1) University, college, school or other university must be positioned in India. It can be affiliated to any foreign university/institution.
( 2) Deduction can be claimed in regard of payment made for the education of adopted kids. Area 80 c is quiet about the status of children.
( 3) When parents got separated and kids are with either of the parents then deduction can be availed by the parent who pays the charges.
- Reduction For Donation Under Section 80 G
- Procedure For E-Filling of Tax Audit Report
- Earnings Tax Slab Rates
- Treatment for Online E- Registration of Service Tax
- Earnings Tax Due Dates
- Know About Mediclaim Policy & Deduction U/s 80 D
- Deduction For Medical Insurance Coverage Premium U/Sec 80 d
- List of Different Deductions Under Area 80 C
- Reduction under section 80 C, 80 CCC & 80 CCD