Section 68 of GST – Inspection of goods in movement. Complete Details for GST Section 68 In this section you may find all details for “Inspection of goods in movement” as per GST Act 2017.
Must Read – List of all sections of GST
Section 68 of GST – Inspection of goods in movement
(1) The Government may require the person in charge of a conveyance carrying any consignment of goods of value exceeding such amount as may be specified to carry with him such documents and such devices as may be prescribed.
(2) The details of documents required to be carried under sub-section (1) shall be validated in such manner as may be prescribed.
(3) Where any conveyance referred to in sub-section (1) is intercepted by the proper officer at any place, he may require the person in charge of the said conveyance to produce the documents prescribed under the said sub-section and devices for verification, and the said person shall be liable to produce the documents and devices and also allow the inspection of goods.
[138. Information to be furnished prior to commencement of movement of goods and generation of e-way bill
(1) Every registered person who causes movement of goods of consignment value exceeding fifty thousand rupees
- (i) in relation to a supply; or
- (ii) for reasons other than supply; or
- (iii) due to inward supply from an unregistered person,
shall, before commencement of such movement, furnish information relating to the said goods in Part A of FORM GST EWB-01, electronically, on the common portal.
[Provided that where goods are sent by a principal located in one State to a job-worker located in any other State, the e-way bill shall be generated by the principal irrespective of the value of the consignment:
Provided further that where handicraft goods are transported from one State to another by a person who has been exempted from the requirement of obtaining registration under clauses (i) and (ii) of section 24, the e-way bill shall be generated by the said person irrespective of the value of the consignment.
Explanation. – For the purposes of this rule, the expression “handicraft goods” has the meaning as assigned to it in the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, notification No. 32/ 2017-Central Tax dated 15.09.2017 published in the Gazette vide number G.S.R 1158 (E)]
(2) Where the goods are transported by the registered person as a consignor or the recipient of supply as the consignee, whether in his own conveyance or a hired one or by railways or by air or by vessel, the said person or the recipient may generate the eway bill in FORM GST EWB-01 electronically on the common portal after furnishing information in Part B of FORM GST EWB-01.
(3) Where the e-way bill is not generated under sub-rule (2) and the goods are handed over to a transporter for transportation by road, the registered person shall furnish the information relating to the transporter in Part B of FORM GST EWB-01 on the common portal and the e-way bill shall be generated by the transporter on the said portal on the basis of the information furnished by the registered person in Part A of FORM GST EWB-01:
Click here to check GST E-Way Rules (Full)
- GST Due Dates
- GST Return
- GST Forms
- GST Rate
- GST Registration
- What is GST?
- GST Invoice Format
- GST Composition Scheme
- HSN Code
- GST Login
- GST Rules
- GST Status
- Track GST ARN
- Time of Supply